The church will be open for PRIVATE prayer on Sundays 9 am to 11 am. Please enter through the wood doors.
RECONCILIATION: During Lent it is important that the faithful experience God’s mercy in the Sacrament, please call Fr. John at the parish if you would like to receive the Sacrament.
ANOINTING OF THE SICK: Please call Fr. John at the parish.
PALM SUNDAY ~ HOLY WEEK SERVICES
These services are available for viewing on-line through the St Columba Cathedral livestream at www.doy.org under the “Media” tab.
- Palm Sunday Mass - 10:30 a.m.
- Mass of the Lord's Supper - Thursday 5:30 p.m.
- Good Friday Service - Friday 3:00 p.m.
- The Easter Vigil - Saturday 8:00 p.m.
- Easter Sunday Mass - 10:30 a.m.
This schedule is posted Home page of diocesan website: www.doy.org by clicking on the Holy Week Online Schedule banner.
Celebrations of the Word for Holy Week 2020 for Households and Families
Holy Saturday Evening
Due to the COVID-19 crisis which has prevented the faithful from participating at Holy Week liturgy in their parish, these prayer services have been adapted from various texts and rituals of Holy Week to allow households the opportunity to celebrate with the Church these sacred days of the year. They are not intended to replace the liturgy of Holy Week. Every effort is to be made to watch Holy Week services live-streamed or on television. These “Celebrations of the Word for Holy Week” serve as a supplement to the Holy Week Triduum liturgy.
Reflections By FR. John
Opportunities to view Mass online during this time
Recommendations on how to make a ‘spiritual communion’ when you are unable to participate in Mass. Adapt to personal and family needs:
- Gather with others in your household and begin a time of prayer with the sign of the cross.
- Take time to read and reflect upon the readings from Sunday Mass (available at www.usccb.org/bible/readings). Additionally, a televised schedule of Mass is available at under the “Media” tab of www.doy.org.
- Share prayer intentions quietly or aloud.
- Pray the Lord’s Prayer.
- Offer a prayer for healing, strength, or forgiveness or any prayer available during the coronavirus pandemic. If viewing Mass, offer a prayer during the normal time of Communion.
COVID-19: A Prayer of Solidarity
PRAYER FOR SPIRITUAL COMMUNION
My Jesus, I believe that you are present in the Most Holy Sacrament.
I love you above all things and I desire to receive you in my soul.
Since I cannot at this moment receive you sacramentally,
come at least spiritually into my heart.
I embrace you as if you were already there
and unite myself wholly to you.
Never permit me to be separated from you.
- Close with the sign of the cross.